Hello everyone and happy new year!
Anyway, I wanted to share some of my favorite purchases I’ve made in 2020. In particular, investment pieces. I wanted to talk about items more on the high end/luxury side, since it’s those kinds of pieces that need the most pre-purchase reflexion, at least for me. So if you’ve had your eye on a certain item but you’re not sure whether or not to buy it yet, hope this blog post will help!
(The list is in no particular order by the way)
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which do not influence my thoughts expressed in this post. It’s a simple way to support me, at no additional cost to you. To learn more, check out my disclaimer page here.
- I’ve always wanted to buy a cashmere sweater, but I always hesitated because of the price point. Since I started a little job aside from my studies, I decided to treat myself! I looked in a bunch of different stores and finally landed on Mango‘s website. I didn’t know they had cashmere pieces! When I saw this one (picture above), I fell in love with the color. Plus, y’all know I love turtleneck sweaters! Perfect combo and the price was definitely not the highest I saw. Decided to take the plunge and I am so glad I did! It’s been my absolute favorite thing to wear, it’s sooo soft and really warm without feeling heavy. If I remember well, this one comes in a couple of different colors too. Love it! You can find the exact one I have here.
- The second item was actually an early Christmas gift from my parents. We have wooden floors at home, so the floor is always cold in winter. My feet are constantly freezing and I never found a pair of slippers I really liked and most importantly, that I actually wore. If you know me well, then you’ll know that Ugg boots are pretty much the only shoes I wear when it’s cold. They aren’t always the most stylish, but frankly I don’t care because they’re the only shoes in which my feet are warm. So, when I got these Ugg slippers, I was so happy and I haven’t stopped wearing them. Super compfy and my feet are *finally* warm!
- Next, is the Foreo Luna 3. I actually wrote a blog post about this device and my first impressions, you can check it out here. I chose the one for sensitive skin, but there is also a normal skin one and one for combination skin. I also got the normal sized device, they also have smaller ones (the mini & the travel size). It definitely is part of the investment pieces category, but I love that you can adjust the intensity of the pulsations (1 the lowest and 16 is the highest) and also adjust them according to which zone you are cleansing. I use mine in the shower because it’s waterproof. You don’t need to buy or replace any brush heads, which is really great! Love it.
- Then earlier in 2020 I got the Guerlain Aqua Allegoria perfume in the Passiflora scent. I don’t wear perfume every single day, but I do really enjoy them. I’ve had a couple of perfumes over the years but I never found one that I absolutely loved. When I first saw and tested it, I just fell in love with the scent. According to the Guerlain website, this Eau de Toilette is “sunny and invigorating, (it) blends the flavour of a sun-soaked passion fruit with the smoothness of ylang-ylang flowers, in an aquatic freshness reminiscent of the crystalline waters of a lagoon.” I mean, doesn’t that sound wonderful? I have found my favorite scent!
- Now this might be my favorite item out of the investment pieces that I got in 2020. I had been saving up for a while to buy myself my very first designer bag (bought with my own money) and my heart finally settled for the Bulgari Serpenti Forever top handle bag. I absolutely adore the shape and size of this bag, you can wear it crossbody as well. I love the details on the hardwear too! I actually got mine on a second hand website. I had been browsing Vestiaire Collective for so long and I landed on another similar website and found the perfect one. The one I got is made of dark green metallic leather and is in perfect condition. The lady who owned it before me told me she wore it only twice because she had trouble styling it with her outfits. I have had absolutely no problem with that, I find that the color goes with most of my outfits. I am so happy I found it, every time I wear it I feel so happy! Unfortunately I couldn’t find the exact one I have online to link it for you, but I found this one in the same color but in normal matte leather.
And there you go, these were my favorite investment pieces I got in 2020. I hope you enjoyed this blog post, thank you so much for reading!
Have a great day/night and I will talk to you in my next blog post.
All the love,
Follow me (or say hi!) on social media: