Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well!
As you guys may or may not know, I will be travelling to California with my family very soon for our summer holidays. I. Am. So. Excited. (!!)
I follow a girl named Alyssa on Instagram (@feedmeimei) who is a SF & Bay Area Foodie, which means that her whole Instagram is dedicated to food that she tries in that area. That being said, I have now tons of food places I want to try, so let me share them with you in today’s blog post. Let me know if you have tried any for these places in the comments, I would love to know!
Hope you enjoy, happy reading!
- Third Culture Bakery, Berkeley CA: This bakery is specialized in the original mochi muffin and mochi doughnut. According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the “mochi muffin marries the flavor of kue lapis (a Southeast Asian steamed layered cake that Butarbutar’s (ed: The founder of Third Culture Bakery) mom used to make) with mochiko (flour milled from sticky rice), coconut milk and pandan. The end result — caramelized on the outside, dense innards, all sprinkled with black and white sesame seeds — is a beautiful medley of textures combining chewy Hawaiian butter mochi and the brittle edges of an American brownie.” They also make drinks such as lattes and juices. How pretty are these mochi doughnuts??
- Mr. Holmes Bake House, San Francisco CA: This bakery is known for their Cruffins (mix between a croissant and a muffin) and their donuts. The flavors are really interesting, such as “Dragonfruit Blossom Curd”, “Key Lime Pie Curd” or “Coconut Guava Ginger Jam”. Sounds amazing!
Tea & Bubble Tea
- Boba Butt Tea House, San Francisco CA: This tea house makes lattes, tea and bubble tea. I found it on Instagram and what caught my eye is that there’s a corgi butt in their logo and y’all know I LOVE corgis (!!!). Love me a good bubble tea (literally craving one right now as I am writing this..)!
- Asha Tea House, Berkeley & San Francisco CA: This tea house makes “responsibly-sourced artisan whole leaf tea & globally-inspired hand-crafted tea beverages from house-made ingredients” (-via their Instagram). You can buy tea leaves, tea ware and obviously tea drinks (also bubble tea). Their matcha lattes look just divine!
Toasts & Lattes
- Toasty SF, San Francisco CA: This place is an Avotoast bar and coffee shop, which also serve acaï bowls, chia puddings, salad bowls and healthy desserts. Believe it or not, I have never had an avocado toast even if I love avocado. I have always wanted to have one but it’s not really that popular here in Switzerland. These look so so good (and also really pretty), this place also makes gorgeous lattes and coffee.
- Home SF, San Francisco CA: This place is mostly a coffee shop which makes the most beautiful coffees and lattes (I recommend checking out their Instagram account for some latte art). They also make toasts but I am most excited to try their lattes!
- Milkbomb Ice cream, San Francisco CA: This ice cream place was actually elected best dessert in SF this year! They make ice cream and also donut ice cream sandwiches, and let me tell you everything looks bloody delicious.
- Matcha Café Maiko, San Francisco CA: This is the perfect place to go if you are obsessed with matcha like me. They make matcha soft serve ice cream, matcha shaved ice, matcha floats, teas and lattes. Matcha everything and I’m okay with that!
- Honey Creme, San Francisco CA: This place is known for their soft serve ice cream. There are a lot of asian flavors and you can even add boba (tapioca pearls) in your ice cream. They also make lots of cold colorful drinks!
And there you go, these were some food places I am dying to try in the bay area this summer. I really hope you enjoyed this post, please don’t forget to let me know in the comments if you’ve tried any of the places I mentioned😊
I wish you a very nice day/night and I will talk to you in my next blog post!
All the love,
Follow me (or say hi!) on social media: